Running loaded wagons is one of the quickest and easiest ways to add realism to the trains you run of your layout, but filling a rake of wagons up with real ballast or coal will put far too much strain on your locomotives. So why not create your own realistic, lightweight loads for your mineral wagons with our FREE Mineral Wagon Load Fillers. These simple devices are designed to take up the majority of space within each of your flat sided and hopper style wagons allowing you to add your own realistic wagons loads to the top, giving the illusion of a fully loaded wagon.
The free wagon fillers are designed to fit Hornby, Bachmann & Dapol wagons with internal dimensions of approximately 62mm x 30mm at the top, but can be scaled easily when you print out the templates to fit other wagons too. Just download, print as many times as you need. Assemble and then top off with your chosen mineral.
How to use them:
- Print the template out onto 180-200gsm card or onto standard copier paper which you can then glue to card from an old cereal packet etc.
- Cut out the template, score and fold where indicated.
- Apply glue to the white tabs and assemble into a wedge shaped box.
- Use additional spacer slabs to add additional depth to your load as required.
- Apply thick layer of PVA glue to the top of the filler block.
- Sprinkle over a generous topping of your chosen mineral.
- Allow to dry.
- For added depth, sprinkle further layers of your chosen mineral over the filler block and apply a little diluted PVA glue to secure it in place.
- Allow to fully dry before fitting into your wagon.
Download Our Mineral Wagon Load Fillers Kit FREE!