Inspired by my recent trip to Cornwall, we have new OO/HO Country Pub kit in development based on the local pub across the road from the campsite we stayed at in Gwithian. It’s a lovely Victorian pub and I though it would be a brilliant one to recreate in kit form and also experiment with some new construction techniques too.

Here’s what the full size version looks like…

red-river-inn-gwithian-cornwallAnd here’s what I have so far. I’ll be working flat out on it over the next few days to try and get a prototype built up in time for the next newsletter all being well…

The progress so far... A long way to go... but it's taking shape :)

The progress so far… A long way to go… but it’s taking shape ๐Ÿ™‚

It’ll come with both Modern and Period signage so it’ll be ideal for pretty much any layout. Fingers crossed, there will be an N gauge version too. What do you think?

Updated 30/8/2013 – I’m really enjoying this build! We’ve been trying lots of new construction techniques, which are all very easy to do, but give incredible results. We’ve even added guttering, downpipes and other detailed features too. Plus there’s no visible cut card edges on this kit either so it looksย veryย realistic! Just a few more details to add and I’ll get the instructions written up and it’ll be available in the shop.

Cheers

Justin

Tagged with →
Share →

12 Responses to New OO/HO Country Pub Kit In Development

1. Steve says:

Looks good

2. S Cook says:

Looks great – could almost be a village train station as well as a pub!

• JustinN says:

Thanks! I must admit, we’ve had a lot of requests for old stone buildings etc, so I’ll probably do a selection of different buildings based on this style once I’ve got the prototype for this one finished.

3. Frank says:

Justin. The pub looks Great! So glad you picked a pub in Cornwall. So Cornwall is you’re “new home” Lovely. Wish it was mine too sometimes, instead of Virginia U.S.A. I miss my former home greatly at times . Was in St. Agnes and mostly in Plymouth (Devon I know, but close enough). You might want to do a Cornish Tin Mine ruin, or a china clay dry, (I know Bachmann has them in resin, but you’ll do a better job of either).
    Frank.

• JustinN says:

Thanks Frank. I really love Cornwall… The countryside is beautiful, the pace of life is so much more relaxed, and the surf is great! Devon is lovely too, but the property prices are even higher as it’s full of London commuters due to easy access via the motorways. I’ll dig out some photos of old Tin Mines etc and see what I can come up with when this kit’s done. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Stephen says:

Looking very good so far. Compared to the photo it’s very accurate I say. Thumbs up

5. Mike says:

Lovely looking pub Justin; any chance of it in ‘O’ scale?
    ๐Ÿ™‚ Mike

• JustinN says:

Thanks Mike. I’ve been considering doing it in O scale. It’s a big building though so it depends if I can get that entire front wall, or at least the main part of it on a single sheet of A4 ๐Ÿ™‚ Will give it a go though when the OO scale kit is ready.

6. Steve Bailey says:

Looks excellent – the detailing of the stone both to the pub walls and the cobbled yard is first class and the slate looks excellent too. Very realistic kit!

That building style with different coloured brick/stone on the corners would lend itself to many other buildings too.

• JustinN says:

Thanks Steve. I must admit I’m very very pleased with the way it’s come out. Indeed, as you say, that building style lends itself to lots of other buildings too. We’re looking at a range of station/railway buildings using similar designs and textures, plus, possibly some other residential properties too. ๐Ÿ™‚ Hopefully going to get it finished off tomorrow.