This week we’ve been hard at work on a new Town Fire Station kit which will be available in OO, HO and N scales. The kit is based on a fire station just up the road from us in Ashby De La Zouch. In real life it’s a single appliance, retained fire station of modern design and we’ve adapted it and tweaked it a little to make it work as 1:76 scale and N scale kit and we’re really happy with the progress so far. We’re also including a brick built training tower, car park & surrounding asphalt area too.

The prototype on which our model is based

The prototype on which our model is based

OO firestation kit

Some of the assembled walls and components ready for final assembly.

Tina has been working hard building up the sections of the new kit, with the walls for the appliance room and the main building coming on in leaps and bounds. We’re adding lots of detail too including optional signs and posters, separately applied window sills, a choice of sliding and roller style doors for the appliance room, interior appliance room detailing and a realistic weathered finish too.

Here’s a few more shots of some of the sections that are ready for final assembly.

We’re hoping to launch the kit next week, just as soon as the prototype is finished and we’ve finished fine-tuning the instructions.

Hope you like it… Any comments and feedback on the progress so far would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

Share →

10 Responses to New OO/HO & N Scale Town Fire Station Kit In Development

1. Colin Ward says:

Looks like it will be a good kit and will make a interesting scene on a layout. Keep up the good work we need more affordable kits.

2. Geoffrey Holland says:

I Justin, Looks a very good modern kit for the modern image
    side of the model raiway. Looking forward to it
    Geoff

• JustinN says:

Hi Geoff, I’ve just sent you the link you were missing for the telephone boxes. Please let me know if you still don’t get it. Thanks, Justin

3. Colin Styles says:

Just seen your link on the Oxford Diecast Collectors page on Facebook. Very impressed with your fire station, being a retired firefighter myself. I’ve not come across your kits before and will ‘like’ you on Facebook and sign up for your newsletter. Do you have any plans to produce an older fire station? I’m sure this would be extremely popular, especially as so many of the wonderful fire service models go back to the WWII era. If you included optional parts for various decades the kit would be really useful, as many older stations are still very much in use.
    Best wishes,
    Colin

• JustinN says:

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your kind comments on our new Fire Station Kit. We have plans to do some other fire stations including some older ones. We’re considering one based on Leicester Central as it’s pretty local to us and my Brother In-Law is based there. I’ll see what I can come up with shortly. In terms of optional parts, it shouldn’t be a problem providing we can get hold of suitable reference photos from the various eras.

Thanks

Justin

4. Gary osbaldeston says:

I too am hoping some one brings out an older two to three bay fire station from the 1930s on wards, I have a hornby Liddle end one but it can not fit my Oxford diecast dennis f6 Fire enginees

5. Adie Barker says:

HI Justin are we any further forward in producing Central Fire Station Lancaster Road Fire Station Leicestershire Fire And Rescue Service as I am desperate to house my 176 fire appliances in the respected appliance bays and I have heard a rumour that this historic fire station may be sold to Leicester University. Many Thanks Adie Barker

6. Adrian Barker says:

Please could you tell me if you are further forward re Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service Central Fire Station Lancaster Road Leicester. I am waiting desperately for somebody to do this model so I can put my 176 oxford die cast models in there respected appliance bays . Many Thanks Adie.